Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Priceless Quotes

A.J. Price was magnificent again -- both on the court (career-high 26 points, nine assists, just one turnover) and in the postgame press room. Here's the best quotes of the night from Price and the rest of the Huskies following their stirring, 84-78 win over Notre Dame Wednesday night.

Price, on sensing that Notre Dame's Luke Harangody (career-high 32 points) was starting to take over the game in the second half.
"Once I saw him almost taking over, I definitely made a conscious effort to try to match him and get my team back in it."

Hasheem Thabeet, on what Harangody said to him when the two started jawing after Thabeet's hard foul with 32 seconds left.
"He was talking about his scoring, but I was talking about, 'Who's winning?' He kept telling me how you're soft and all that. I wasn't trying to be anything that I'm not, I'm just telling him we're winning and that's it."

Stanley Robinson, on his huge 3-pointer with the shot clock running down that gave UConn a 79-74 lead with 1:56 left.
"It's one of the biggest shots of my life. That's a key moment, and I'm going to take it with me for life."

Notre Dame coach Mike Brey, on Robinson's shot.
"Robinson's shot was the game, probably. The law of averages says we'll live with a jump shot from there, but he stuck it and a lot of times that happens, especually when you're playing at home. You feel you are a better shooter than maybe the numbers say. I give him a lot of credit."

Craig Austrie, on holding Irish sharpshooter Kyle McAlarney to 4-for-14 shooting and 12 points after McAlarney had gone for a career-best 32 vs. the Huskies on Jan. 5 in South Bend.
"I feel like he embarrassed us out in South Bend," said Austrie. "I just wanted to come out and let him know that I'm here."

Jim Calhoun, on the noon start time for Saturday's game at South Florida (who, incidentally, beat Syracuse Wednesday night).
"12 o'clock for college kids means they're going to brunch, not playing basketball. It's not exactly a trip that I'm looking forward to. But right now, we'll celebrate this win."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home