Thursday, June 12, 2008

Miles: 'The Happiest Day of My Life'

After some five months of waiting, Nate Miles has passed muster with the NCAA Eligibility Center.

"I am so happy, you don’t understand," Miles said, when reached by phone. "This might be the happiest day of my life. And the game’s on tonight, so now I can go watch Kobe.”

Miles will be enrolled in summer school at UConn on June 23.

"I’m just so happy right now, I can’t wait to get to school to get everything going," he said.

Miles went on an official visit to Storrs late last week and met with members of the UConn admissions office, as well as athletic director Jeff Hathaway.

"It was great. I had a great time, I was just so happy to be down there in that environment. I really enjoyed myself and felt at home."

Miles, a smooth, 6-foot-7 wing, said the best thing he'll bring to the UConn basketball program is "the will to win. I want to win, that’s what it’s all about. I’m going to try to do everything I can to win."

More to come ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home