Thursday, June 25, 2009

Feeling a Draft

Just took my seat on press row at Madison Square Garden's WaMu Theater, ready for tonight's 2009 NBA Draft (yeah, I'm early ... but they start serving food at 4 p.m., I'm told).

Been lucky enough to cover World Series, a Final Four, an MLB All-Star Game, but never a draft of any sort. Should be fun. Put it this way: I'm looking far more forward to this draft than my dad was looking forward to a different draft back in the late 1960s.

Anyway, will add updates throughout the evening on Hasheem Thabeet, A.J. Price, Jeff Adrien and anything else UConn-related. We'll be here 'til the bitter end, planning a very late ride home. Stay tuned ... and in the meantime, enjoy this Sporcle quiz on which college programs have sent the most players to the NBA. A little surprised UConn is this low, but pretty impressive when you consider they've sent nearly all their guys in the past 20 years. (Oh, and if you haven't heard of Sporcle yet and you're a trivia-lover, like me ... you're welcome).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home